What is Music Therapy?
Music therapy is a way of treating the diseases and promoting wellness using sounds & music of different forms to facilitate a desired therapeutic effect in patient’s holistic health.
After the detailed analysis of each patient, the music therapist provides the indicated treatment including music playing, singing, creating, and/or listening to music
How Music therapy works?
Listening/Playing/Singing music stimulates following responses in different dimensions:
Physiological Response in Brain
- Affects sympathetic & parasympathetic nervous system
- Affects Hypothalamus & Limbic system
- Affects Neurotransmitters
- Affects Hormone secretions
- Affects neural pathways ( can also create one)
Which leads to cure or facilitating cure
- Elevates mood
- Busting stress
- Helps in expression of emotions
- Activates positive imaginations
Leads to create appropriate Physiological response in brain which leads to cure or facilitating cure.
Why Indian classical music?
Indian Classical Music has its own uniqueness in its structure of notes & semi notes, time – season theories, improvisation methods, temperament, Rag – Rhythm combinations & mystic connections. These qualities makes the effects of Indian classical music as a blend of holistic healing, aesthetics, Philosophy & Spirituality.
Indian Music contains unique raga system, consisting of various combinations and permutations of notes with the existence of microtones and adornments, which opens up finest possible frequencies available to ear for creating a needed therapeutic effects.
The raga carries a specific & distinct pattern of notes which creates a distinct feel in mind and body. Same is the case with Tala (rhythm pattern)
Indian classical music has its own unique time & season theory. Each raga has been allotted a specific time period. Some Raga have their allotted season too.
Rendering or listening to the raga in its allotted time period & season creates the optimum effect on body & mind of the listener which moderates the psycho-physiological effects of related time & season.
Indian classical music has its own connection with the Yogic anatomy and chakras of the body along with the five elements which are considered as an originator of life.
Proper application of Indian classical music helps in healing the diseases by influencing on the energy flow of the being.
Each instrument has its role in the human mind – body system. May it be a string instrument, wind instrument or Percussion based instruments. Role of all these different instruments can be used in creating a desirable therapeutic effect.
What do music therapists do?
After proper diagnosis music therapists design music sessions for individuals and groups based on client needs using music improvisation, receptive music listening, creating music, music and imagery, and learning through music; participate in interdisciplinary treatment planning, ongoing evaluation, and follow up.
Do I need to play music for taking Music Therapy?
Not necessarily. It depends what kind of therapy you need. In most of the cases you will be given the music for you in a pen drive which you have to listen at prescribed time at your home. There are few cases which needs Active Music therapy. They need to play music in the modules designed by us.
Why Euphonious Healing Music therapy clinic and Research center?
Euphonious Healing Music therapy clinic and Research center is well known for its diagnosis parameters and state of the art treatment.
In euphonious healing center, the diagnosis is done on different parameters considering various clinical aspects of different doctrines. The diagnostic evaluation is based on humoral theory, chakra theory, Panch Mahabhut theory, Yogic theory, and Modern medicinal theory. On the basis of diagnosis, patient is advised for active or passive music therapy.
I don’t know music. Can I take music therapy?
You can undoubtedly take. It’s not mandatory to have knowledge or expertise about music or musical theories.
Can I opt for music therapy while I am undergoing through other therapies?
Yes. Music therapy compliments with all the other therapies. It can be opted and continued with all the ongoing therapies or treatments.
Does music therapy have any side effects?
No, Music therapy does not have any side effects. It is harmless. Yes it can be less effective at times if it’s not being prescribed by a trained therapist.
Who can benefit from Music Therapy? (Scope of Music Therapy)
Music Therapy helps all by playing different roles:
- Music as Medicine
- Insomnia (disturbed sleep)
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Behavioral Problems (Anger, Phobia, Destructiveness, Hysterical)
- Mood swings
- Music as Medicine or Complimentary Medicine
- Primary Hypertension (High blood pressure)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Pain management (Post-operative, Labor pain etc.)
- Menopausal syndrome
- A.D.H.D, Autism, Cerebral Palsy (Active Music Therapy)
- Developmental & learning disabilities of children (Active Music Therapy)
- Alzheimer’s Disease(Active Music Therapy)
- Parkinson’s disease (Active Music Therapy)
- Myasthenia gravis (Active Music Therapy)
- Multiple sclerosis (Active Music Therapy)
- Muscle control and co-ordination disorders
- (Active Music Therapy)
- Geriatric Dementia
- Post Trauma Healing ( Mental or Physical )
- All Autoimmune Disorders
- All Metabolic Disorders
- General physical rehabilitation
- Music as Palliative medicine
- Terminal illness
- Stress & Pain management of cancer patients
- Stress & Pain management of patients on kidney dialysis
- Music as Wellness aid
- Memory and concentration enhancement
- Efficiency enhancement
- Improvement of spiritual quotient
- Music for Hospitals for creating assertive ambiance of treatment
- Music for Surgical wards for reduction of anxiety levels
- Music for Labor rooms for easing Normal labor process
- Music for educational institutions
Myths about Music therapy
- To become a patient I need to have an interest in music
- Music therapist will make you sing /play music
- Any musician can give the music therapy
- Songs I am listening is a music therapy I am taking
- Music therapy is only for those who have psychiatric complaints
Benefits of Music therapy
- Heals holistically – heals Mind + Body together
- Stress Buster
- Creates Emotional Balance
- Reduces Negativity
- Improves general Immunity & self-healing
- Reduces the progression of diseases
- Compliments & facilitates the action other therapies/medicines
- Facilitates the treatment patient is taking
- Promotes Wellness
- Manages Stress
- Alleviates Pain
- Enhances Memory
- Promotes Physical Rehabilitation
- Increases Concentration
- Increases Work efficiency
- Increases Emotional & Spiritual Quotient
How can I take Music therapy online from ‘Euphonious Healing Music Therapy Clinic’?
You Need to simply click & submit your details on this link.
We will contact you on your e mail Id / Phone shared by you & will have a detailed audio/video call conversation with you about your diseases.
You need to make a payment on the bank details which will be shared with you on your ID.
You will receive music designed by us in a pen drive/ google drive with all the other instructions.